A week back, Anupam Kher’s*One Day: Justice Delivered had released at the Box Office. The film told the tale of a retired judge who decides to take law in his own hands by punishing the criminals for their wrongdoings. Made by filmmaker Ashok Nanda, One Day – Justice Delivered was appreciated by certain quarters for its core theme and the message it wanted to convey around how crime never goes away unpunished.The film had a sparse release for itself though since there was massive competition from the likes of Spider-Man: Far From Home as well as Kabir Singh which was doing quite strong. Moreover, it released right opposite Malaal which had Sanjay Leela Bhansali backing it up, as a result of which there was a wider screen count reserved for it.One Day: Justice Delivered Box Office: Anupam Kher Starrer Manages To Break EvenThough the film is running in select theaters in the interiors (where it has managed to find better audience footfalls), it has managed to break even commercially. Made at a nominal cost of just around 6 crores, the film with Esha Gupta and Kumud Mishra in important roles has also attracted good numbers from the satellite and digital market. While that by itself has allowed the costs to be recovered, the theatrical numbers have been added bonus.Says Ashok Nanda, “I was set out to make an entertainer for the audience which also came with a very topical theme. Of course a subject like this will find polarized views since we are talking about a judge, even if retired, meting out the right justice to the criminals. However, every crime needs to be addressed and One Day – Justice Delivered was just my way of conveying what was going inside me.”Trending

As for the commercial outcome of the film, he says, “Every filmmaker wants his product to reach out to a large segment of audience. This one is particularly the kind that should be watched by maximum number of people. Theatrically we aimed at attracting footfalls to the best of our abilities. I am now waiting for the reactions that the film fetches on the satellite and digital front. From production standpoint, we are safe. What we are waiting for though is the kind of enhanced eyeballs that come in time to come. That would be the true justice to the film!”Guess this justice too would be delivered soon, one day!Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!
The post One Day: Justice Delivered Box Office: Anupam Kher Starrer Manages To Break Even appeared first on Koimoi.Advertisement